Home  >  Financial Articles and Q&A  >  I'm retired and drawing Social Security. Can I...

I'm retired and drawing Social Security. Can I contribute part of my Social Security benefits to a Roth IRA account?

Jan 08, 2012 by William from Auburn, IN in  |  Flag
1 Answer  |  2 Followers
Follow Question
2 votes
Barry Rabinowitz Level 19

No-to contribute Any monies to a retirement plan-Roth or traditional IRA- you must have earned income. Earned income is income from salary or a businesss- not from soc sec, pensions or interest income.

Comment   |  Flag   |  Jan 09, 2012 from Fort Lauderdale, FL

1|600 characters needed characters left