Home  >  Financial Articles and Q&A  >  Can I block you from posting our company 5500?? As a...

Can I block you from posting our company 5500?? As a sole proprietor you are posting my SS# for everyone to see.

Sep 03, 2014 by Michele from East Longmeadow, MA in  |  Flag
1 Answer
Follow Question
2 votes
Layton Jacob Cox Level 11

Companies that need to file 5500’s are:

• Any company with a welfare plan covering 100 or more employees at the beginning of the plan year. A welfare plan consists of medical, dental, life insurance, educational assistance plans, group legal service plans, group vision plans, dependent care assistance plans and disability plans.

• Any company sponsoring a 401(k) needs to file regardless of the number of participants on the plan

If you fit either of these categories then you have to file a 5500. If you are using your SS#, I would suggest getting an EIN. http://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Small-Businesses-&-Self-Employed/Apply-for-an-Employer-Identification-Number-(EIN)-Online

Comment   |  Flag   |  Sep 03, 2014 from Tucson, AZ

1|600 characters needed characters left