Home  >  Financial Articles and Q&A  >  I am a former employee of Fresenius Medical Care, and am...

I am a former employee of Fresenius Medical Care, and am trying to track down my 401k. Help please.

Sep 23, 2014 by Barbara from Tampa, FL in  |  Flag
3 Answers  |  4 Followers
Follow Question
1 vote
Aaron Hillman Level 3

Hi Barbra,

To get things moving you call Mercer, the 401k trust company that holds the Fresenius Medical Care North America 401k plan, at 800.921.0172. They will probably provide you with this form: (https://mlit.mercerhrs.com/ec/RLC/ParticipantServlet?requestID=displayPDFFile&itemID=/IFS/FRESENIUS651745DTK.pdf) to fill out and have signed. If you are married, you will need to have the form notarized. Typically your bank or credit union can do this for you free of charge.

Before you elect to take the money out of the 401k plan, be sure to explore your options with a financial planner/investment advisor. The choices you make can have significant tax implications, and a long term retirement impact.

Cheers! Aaron

Comment   |  Flag   |  Sep 29, 2014 from Portland, OR

1|600 characters needed characters left
0 votes


If you have any statements from the account, it should include contact information for the company managing the 401(k) on behalf of Fresenius. If you do not have a statement for the account, your best option is to contact the Human Resources or benefits office of your former employer and ask them how to contact the investment management company.

All the best,


Comment   |  Flag   |  Sep 24, 2014 from Rochelle, IL

1|600 characters needed characters left
0 votes
Brian Kuhn CFP® Level 17

Hi there thanks for reaching out. You need to contact the human resources department of your former employer or the investment provider of the 401(k) plan. Do you still receive statements or know how to contacts these entities?

Comment   |  Flag   |  Sep 25, 2014 from Fulton, MD

1|600 characters needed characters left