Home  >  Financial Articles and Q&A  >  Retirement Withdrawal?

Retirement Withdrawal?

How can I get my retirement out from my account now that I have retired from my job?

Debra L Stovall

303 466 8396

Jan 18, 2012 by Debra from Denver, CO in  |  Flag
2 Answers  |  3 Followers
Follow Question
6 votes

Hi Debra, The easiest and smoothest way is to open up an IRA and then do a rollover of the assets from your retirement account into your new IRA. The best way to do this transfer is to have your former firm send the money directly into your new IRA--not to you. Once the money is in your IRA you will typically enjoy a much larger menu of investment options. Please feel free to give me a call if you would like a more detailed explanation of the process. My number is (619) 435-1701.

Best Regards, Peter Thoms Orion Capital Management LLC

Comment   |  Flag   |  Jan 18, 2012 from Coronado, CA

1|600 characters needed characters left
2 votes

Debra, a rollover is the standard way to remove money from your 401k. It looks like you're in Broomfield. I am in Arvada. Feel free to reach out if. You'd like to discuss your options and bigger picture plans further. We offer a free initial consult. 303-422-7351.

Comment   |  Flag   |  Jan 18, 2012 from Arvada, CO

1|600 characters needed characters left