Home  >  Financial Articles and Q&A  >  I have a 401k plan with festiva resorts Ellington. I need...

I have a 401k plan with festiva resorts Ellington. I need to know the amount and how I can these funds transferred .

May 04, 2015 by Roderick in  |  Flag
1 Answer  |  1 Follower
Follow Question
0 votes
John Essigman Level 17

Hi Roderick,

This is a very broad question and you are not giving us much information. In short, it depends... Speak with your H/R Department, benefits coordinator, or plan administrator regarding your plan as every plan is different. A 401(k) may allow a lump-sum or in-service withdrawal if you are still working for Festiva Resorts.

Funds can be rolled-over into an annuity (effectively a self-funded pension) or into an IRA. Taxes, taxes, taxes… with the exception of Roth IRA’s, distributions from pensions, annuities, defined contribution plans, and IRA’s generally get taxed as current income. You may also be subject to a 10% early distribution penalty depending on the type of plan, your age, and the reason for your withdrawal.

I would suggest extreme caution as this is a very complex issue. Educate yourself or consult with a trusted Fee-Only Registered Investment Advisor. An advisor can help you navigate this mine-field.

Warmest regards John Essigman www.bluecreek.net

Comment   |  Flag   |  May 04, 2015 from Cleveland, GA

1|600 characters needed characters left