Home  >  Financial Articles and Q&A  >  Alaska Union member divorced with 401k employer...

Alaska Union member divorced with 401k employer contributions dro qualified by out of state lawyer without license 2x $?

Union member with a employer defined contribution 401k and went through a divorce and her lawyer drafted a dro and sent to the trust office which is a 3rd party company that's suppose to protect us from all mistakes or invasions on are funds instead the trust sent court paperwork to a out of state lawyer they hired not practicing law in Alaska to turn dro into a QDRO and he sent it back with a letter he signed that gave her twice as much money as my divorce decree and he s not licensed in Alaska to qualify anything and she got her money immediately rolled over and Alaska laws and federal laws state they come first then the plan documents ,I wasn't even notified by my own 3rd party administrators of this 50000 being take from me and now no one know anything except wasn't me ,they sent a notice letter they say to a address her and her attorney wrote down what to do to recover my money

Nov 10, 2015 by Jonathan in  |  Flag
1 Answer  |  3 Followers
Follow Question
0 votes
John Essigman Level 17


Very sorry to hear about your divorce and QDRO difficulties. Once funds leave your account or plan it can be very difficult to get them back.

Suggest you hire a pension lawyer to help you resolve this issue. I would also suggest that you file a complaint with the Department of Labor and FINRA.

U.S. Department of Labor Employee Benefits Security Administration 200 Constitution Avenue, NW, Room N5623 Washington, D.C. 20210 Phone: (202) 693-8664

FINRA Investor Complaint Center 9509 Key West Avenue Rockville, MD 20850-3329 Phone: (240) 386-4357

Warmest Regards John Essigman

Comment   |  Flag   |  Nov 26, 2015 from Cleveland, GA

1|600 characters needed characters left