Home  >  Financial Articles and Q&A  >  How do I get a disbursement from my QDRO 401K?

How do I get a disbursement from my QDRO 401K?

Dec 10, 2015 by Shanna in  |  Flag
2 Answers  |  6 Followers
Follow Question
4 votes
Peter C. Karp Level 20

Hi Shanna

William is correct in that you need to make sure you have submitted all of the finalized QDRO documents to your ex-spouse’s employer along with the transfer instructions for the financial institution that you have established an account with to receive the assets. I encourage you to review everything with your tax professional and attorney to avoid any potential issues.

Disclosure: The posted information is for informational purposes only. This message does not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy any security. All opinions and estimates constitute Karp Capital's judgment as of the date of the report and are subject to change without notice. Accordingly, no representation or warranty, expressed or otherwise, is made to, and no reliance should be placed on, the fairness, accuracy, completeness or timeliness of the information contained herein. Securities offered through Infinity Securities (a registered broker-dealer, member FINRA, SIPC). Infinity Securities and Karp Capital Management are not affiliated companies.

Comment   |  Flag   |  Dec 11, 2015 from San Francisco, CA

1|600 characters needed characters left
0 votes

Submit the final QDRO to your ex-spouse's 401(k) Plan Administrator, along with Rollover/Transfer instructions from the financial institution that you are transferring the funds to. They will effect the transfer between the accounts for you.

Comment   |  Flag   |  Dec 10, 2015 from Canton, GA

1|600 characters needed characters left