Home  >  Financial Articles and Q&A  >  I worked from 2000-2002 at Daman industrial services. In...

I worked from 2000-2002 at Daman industrial services. In that time I had a 401k, where is it and how can I get my money?

Dec 10, 2015 by Gerry in  |  Flag
2 Answers  |  4 Followers
Follow Question
0 votes

Hi Gerry, The best way for you to get the answers you are looking for is to reach back out to your old company's HR department and ask them who is their 401k provider. You see, each firm that has a 401k has it managed by a 401k provider. That provider (such as Fidelity, Vanguard, Charles Schwab, etc.) is the one that you will need to contact to access your money for a distribution or rollover. However, the first step is finding that provider. So, call HR, find the provider, then reach out to them directly and using your Social Security number they should be able to find your account for you. Good luck!

Comment   |  Flag   |  Dec 11, 2015

1|600 characters needed characters left
0 votes
Brian Kuhn CFP® Level 17

Thanks for your submitting your question. Brightscope is an aggregator of retirement plan information however does not handle your employer or former employer’s retirement plan specifically. If you still have the contact information of the person who handled anything to do with human resources at the company that would be your first place to start for the information you are looking for. Additionally if you run into further setbacks here is a link to an article I wrote on tracking down a 401(k) http://www.brightscope.com/financial-planning/advice/article/24529/10-Ways-To-Find-Your-Old-401K/ I hope all of this helps. Feel free to reach out directly or contact other advisors who post an answer to your query as I’m sure one of us can help. See tax assistance as well to understand the rules there if you make any transactions on your account.

Comment   |  Flag   |  Dec 17, 2015 from Fulton, MD

1|600 characters needed characters left