Home  >  Financial Articles and Q&A  >  I am the widow of an investor. How do I gain access to...

I am the widow of an investor. How do I gain access to his profit sharing plan?

My Late Husband's name is William Murry Burns. I have his personal information including his death certificate. I got paperwork from the Social Security Administration stating he had a plan with Walgreen's Profit Sharing Retirement Plan. It states the plan number and the value of the account. Please advise me as to what I need to do to gain access to his plan account. Thanks for your attention on this matter.

Oct 11, 2017 in  |  Flag
2 Answers  |  3 Followers
Follow Question
0 votes

You will need to call the record keeper of the plan (most likely a firm like Fidelity Investments) and work with them to have the assets transferred into your name. Most likely you are already listed as the beneficiary. They will have paperwork for you to complete and you will probably need to provide the death certificate. Good luck. Let us know if we can somehow help.

Comment   |  Flag   |  Oct 12, 2017

1|600 characters needed characters left
0 votes

I am so sorry for your loss!

You can find contact information for the Walgreen's plan at https://wagprofitsharing.empower-retirement.com/participant/#/login?accu=Walgreens.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.


Comment   |  Flag   |  Oct 26, 2017

1|600 characters needed characters left