Home  >  Financial Articles and Q&A  >  Can I cash out, or transfer my money? I no longer work...

Can I cash out, or transfer my money? I no longer work for the company.?

Jun 21, 2012 by Karen from Wasilla, AK in  |  Flag
1 Answer  |  2 Followers
Follow Question
2 votes

It is always scary to assume but I am going to guess that you are talking about your 401k... If you have seperated from service at your employer then you have the ability to rollover those funds. Depending on which type of 401k accounts (Roth or Traditional) then you are able to rollover (transfer) directly to a similar IRA account. If you cash out your plan there are going to be tax consequences. With that I am going to recommend that you take in your plan information and most recent 401k statement to a Fee-Only advisor to talk about the options and tax consequences.

Comment   |  Flag   |  Jun 22, 2012 from Abilene, TX

1|600 characters needed characters left