Home  >  Financial Articles and Q&A  >  What can I do to stop or reduce the amount of "HARD HIT"...

What can I do to stop or reduce the amount of "HARD HIT" a company or business when thhey pull my credit history?

Sep 11, 2012 by Edwin from Fresh Meadows, NY in  |  Flag
1 Answer  |  1 Follower
Follow Question
34 votes

Edwin, depending on your situation, a credit report "freeze" may be appropriate. Placing a "freeze" with each credit bureau (Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion) prevents third parties from accessing your credit score. There may be a small fee associated with doing this which varies by state. Keep in mind once you place a "freeze" you will have to grant permission before others can gain access to your score. Below are links to each bureau's credit "freeze" page: - https://www.freeze.equifax.com/Freeze/jsp/SFF_PersonalIDInfo.jsp - http://www.experian.com/consumer/security_freeze.html - http://www.transunion.com/personal-credit/credit-disputes/credit-freezes.page

Comment   |  Flag   |  Sep 13, 2012 from Denver, CO

1|600 characters needed characters left