Home  >  Financial Articles and Q&A  >  My name is Walter Hill, I used to work for Moog Aircraft...

My name is Walter Hill, I used to work for Moog Aircraft Group Torrance Operations. I am afraid that they do not have my current contact information, how can I update this as I am close to retiring.

Feb 06, 2013 by Walter from Snellville, GA in  |  Flag
3 Answers  |  4 Followers
Follow Question
3 votes
Peter C. Karp Level 20


In order to update your current contact information you should call the number on your retirement plan statement and give them your updated contact information. If you do not have a statement, call the HR department at Moog Aircraft Group in Torrance and provide them with your updated information. Alternatively you may need to contact Moog’s corporate headquarters in New York (716-652-2000) if that is where the HR department is based.

Disclosure: The posted information is for informational purposes only. This message does not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy any security. All opinions and estimates constitute Karp Capital's judgment as of the date of the report and are subject to change without notice. Accordingly, no representation or warranty, expressed or otherwise, is made to, and no reliance should be placed on, the fairness, accuracy, completeness or timeliness of the information contained herein. Securities offered through Financial Telesis Inc., member SIPC/FINRA. Financial Telesis Inc. and Karp Capital Management are not affiliated companies.

Comment   |  Flag   |  Feb 11, 2013 from San Francisco, CA

1|600 characters needed characters left
2 votes
Jason Hull Level 20

Hi Walter - if you're looking for the 401k info, try here: http://www.brightscope.com/401k-rating/59622/Moog-Inc/60648/Moog-Inc-Retirement-Savings-Plan/

If you're looking to contact them directly, look here: https://plus.google.com/110935893770972689787/about?hl=en

Comment   |  Flag   |  Feb 06, 2013 from Fort Worth, TX

1|600 characters needed characters left
2 votes

Walter, you need to contact either Human Resources or the plan administrator. Call Human Resources and update your information. Also see if they have a retirement package. If they do not have a retirement package, get the phone number of the plan administrator, who will be able to both update your plan information and advise you on exit options.

It looks like you have a company stock plan as part of your 401(k). If you own company stock, there are rules on selling it; you need to get those rules from either HR or the plan administrator. You will have the option of leaving your account in the plan or rolling it into an IRA. Consider your options. Seek advice from a local qualified financial planner. Ask questions, and select someone you feel comfortable with.

Comment   |  Flag   |  Feb 08, 2013 from Delray Beach, FL

1|600 characters needed characters left