Answers in Portfolio Management

Portfolio Management is a form of investment management where a person or group of people takes control of money given to them by investors who trust the managers to implement a strategy to help them achieve their investment goals.
0 votes
Chris Schiffer Level 14
Wayne, Typically it takes a week to 10 days to process and make its way through the mail. Do you have a rollover account set up to deposit the funds? You have 60 days to another qualified retirement plan or traditional IRA. This transaction is not taxable ...(more)
0 votes
Your statements are the best place to start, be it monthly, quarterly, or annually. In a 401(k), You will probably see some sort of administrative (plan) fee, and then you'll have to look at the expense ratio of each fund (listed in your plan materials ...(more)
0 votes
I wish this was an easy process, but unfortunately the rules that were supposed to make it easy to figure out what you get charged for fees are getting buried in places that make it hard to find. What you want to do is ask your benefits or human resources ...(more)
0 votes
Most likely you are not paying an direct fees on your 401k or IRA account, however, you are definitely paying fees on the funds within the account. You can find out the fund fees either by looking at the funds prospectus or going to www.morningstar.com ...(more)
0 votes
Look at the right side of your account when you log into your 401k, then click on one of your investment vehicles it should show you something like this 0.85 or 1.25 if so that is what you are being charged for that piece, don't worry every one has to ...(more)
0 votes
Please have a personalized analysis done by a professional to determine the answer to your question. Bottom line... it depends on the stock options and the stocks you own. Examples - If an option is not yet in the money, you may want to wait and not ...(more)
0 votes
This is a great question! I wrote a pretty extensive article on this subject a couple years ago that outline all the advantages and disadvantages of each. Hope it's helpful: http://olesenwm.com/2011/12/rsus-or-options-which-should-employees-choose/
0 votes
Danna Jacobs Level 1
In addition to the above points, there may be significant tax implications to selling the stock options. Have an advisor or accountant review this closely so you understand all of the downstream effects of this decision.
0 votes
John Essigman Level 17
Hmmmm.... If you need fast cash then I would suggest a separate cash account or emergency reserves. Frankly, stocks or options are generally a poor choice if you need liquidity. Regards John Essigman www.bluecreek.net
0 votes
Hi, I would additionally ask whether the stock options pertain to a stock that is lightly traded and therefore subject to volatility or the risk of illiquidity. Or are the options for a high quality blue chip stock?
0 votes
Hi David, I have a few questions before I can offer advice. Where these stock options incentive stock options (ISO) or non-qualified stock options (NSO)? Or Restricted Stock Units (RSU) that were granted to you? If so, long since they were granted and ...(more)
1 vote
This video may help answer your question as to diversification. For specific recommendations ask your Financial Pro https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rbe16o0r04
0 votes
Just remember as Carolyn said not all active managers are created equal. An investor should always understand the risks involved with either strategy. A good Financial Services pro can help you pick the best of the best, you can also use tools like Morningstar ...(more)
0 votes
The premise of active management is an underlying belief by the fund manager that value (i.e. increased performance, decreased risk, etc.) can be added through his/her investment process to the management of a mutual fund, versus just a passive stance ...(more)
0 votes
"If my investment advisor is diligent, can he not take risks while being alert in frequent buying and selling at the best price?" That's what a trader attempts to do. It's different than what an investment manager should do for most clients, including ...(more)
  • posts per page