Answers in Retirement Plans

Your personal retirement plans will have to be your primary method of funding your retirement and you should consider all the tools at your disposal to plan for and achieve your retirement goals.
0 votes
Wonderful! I always love unexpected money. Do you still have contacts at the company? You should have been getting statements at least annually on your benefit. One way or the other, contact the company, find out who to talk to about your retirement ...(more)
0 votes
The plan is required to provide that information to you at least annually, but you can request it at any time. Contact the plan administrator and ask. Are you specifically asking about how much is in your account, or the plan as a whole?
0 votes
Roth conversions are taxable as ordinary income the year the conversion is made. I would suggest only converting an amount that will not push you into a higher tax bracket. If your tax bracket will be lower once you retire, that might be the time to ...(more)
0 votes
At the age of 70.5 you will be required to take out your (RMD)Required Minimum Distribution. The RMD is as it says the minimum distribution. The RMD is taxable as income for the year you receive it and each year after that. Taking the funds out and placing ...(more)
0 votes
Hey Hari, an IRA is an investment bucket, like a 401K plan. However, you can do anything in an IRA. You have limited choices in a 401K. To roll over a 401K, contact the HR department of your previous employer and have the check put into an IRA with ...(more)
0 votes
Best to open an IRA account and than Roll-Over 401K into that account. Otherwise will be a 10% penalty for withdrawal prior to 59 1/2 plus all will be added to your income for this year. Taxed as income.
0 votes
You just have to call your former employer and get information from them as to where the money is held, and who to call to get access to it.
0 votes
I would recommend that you make a short list of the personal attributes you are looking for in an advisor. Many people focus on numbers and performance to the exclusion of what really matters, and that is do you get along with and trust the person you ...(more)
0 votes
Avani Desai Level 1
Do you have a 401K with your current employer?
0 votes
Avani Desai Level 1
I am happy to help.
1 vote
Tripp Welch Level 2
It depends on the terms of the merger/aquisition. The fact that the new company does not have a plan established does not seem to point to the fact that you will have a forced election. Most mergers give employees the option to 1) keep $ in the old ...(more)
1 vote
If you are still looking for an answer to this question, "California Estate Law: Wills and Trusts Made Easy: Make Your Own Will, Trust, Power of Attorney Over Financial Affairs, and Advance Healthcare Directive" by Brenda J Edwards JD looks like a book ...(more)
1 vote
It depends on where your funds are being directly deposited. I would recommend contacting the benefits department at your company to find out the best way for you to make a change to your direct deposit.
0 votes
Most companies offer retirement programs that require employee contributions or elections. It is possible that your aunt elected not to participate or that she did not qualify for some reason. She could contact Motorola to find out where to get more information ...(more)
0 votes
From the sound of it, you will be able to take a withdrawal from that 401k, if you are not employed by that company anymore. You won't be able to do a loan if that is the case.
  • posts per page