Answers in Retirement Plans

Your personal retirement plans will have to be your primary method of funding your retirement and you should consider all the tools at your disposal to plan for and achieve your retirement goals.
0 votes
Hi Leah. A direct rollover between retirement plans does not count toward your ability to contribute to IRA accounts of any type. So the rollover will not interfere with your ability to contribute to your Roth IRA. There are still some other factors that ...(more)
0 votes
You should have a statement from the investment company so you can call that company to get information on your account. If you don't have a statement then call the company you used to work for and talk to HR to get contact information for the 401k provider.
3 votes
Hello, You are not permitted to offer plans that provide unequal benefits to certain classes of employees. You could establish a master 401k plan for all employees and perhaps offer highly comped executives a defined benefit pension option which could ...(more)
0 votes
Depends on size of plan and data available
0 votes
Brightscope is just reposting the 5500 data that is made public. The more accurate the form is filled the better the data.
0 votes
Call the 800# on your plan statement and request funds. I'd suggest setting up an IRA first so you can rollover funds from 401(k) into IRA and minimize tax burden/defer taxes.
0 votes
Largely depends on what "stocks" you are referring to, your company retirement plan provisions, if you are still employed by that company and your age.
0 votes
Unicorns exists and if you can't find one, an annuity may work, but be careful of the fine print.
0 votes
Either online through your plan sponsor or you probably receive a quarterly statement. There will be an 800# where you can call and ask specific questions about your account. Good luck!
0 votes
Hi William, The best way that an advisor like myself would approach your question would be to first sit down with the two of you to review your monthly expenses and retirement goals, and then ask you several questions about other areas such as your current ...(more)
0 votes
It gets extremely difficult to discriminate in 401k plans, because the purpose of them is to make sure everyone gets an equal share of retirement. from the IRS "Contributions or benefits must not discriminate. Under the plan, contributions or benefits ...(more)
0 votes
Here it is a month later and I am now looking at this question for the first time. I am assuming it is directed at a specific company or plan sponsor you were using? You might have to jump through a few hoops depending on how the plan was set up through ...(more)
2 votes
Hello, The most effective way to achieve a true benchmark comparison is to ask your advisor to provide a full analysis of their fees as well as the fees levied by your provider. If your advisor is not doing this every few years they should be as they ...(more)
-1 votes
Edin Cuskovic Level 8
You can purchase a database such as the Fee Benchmarker by fi360/Ann Schleck (I recommend you don't), or call service providers around town to get quotes. You can also find other plans of that size and call them and ask what they are paying.
0 votes
Avani Desai Level 1
Is this plan through your company? If yes, they will be able to provide more information and guide you with investing. Most retirement plans generally have a restricted group of funds you can choose to invest in.
  • posts per page