Answers in Financial Planning

Whether you need advice about retirement planning, estate planning, tax planning, college planning, charitable planning, debt management, or insurance planning, there is a financial advisor out there who is well-equipped to help you achieve your goals.
0 votes
This will depend on the plan type as there are restrictions placed on the different types of plan. Investopedia back in December 2015 posted an article stating "The majority of companies offer some sort of matching contribution for an average of 2.7% ...(more)
0 votes
You would need to contact the retirement company (Plan Sponsor) who runs the 401K. They can provide you with the statement of account showing all the investments and their value. Some offer online portals others will mail you the statement
0 votes
You will need to contact the plan sponsor. Their name should be at the top of the statement. You can contact them directly and discuss the options available. There will be a penalty to pay depending upon your age in addition to income tax. I would discuss ...(more)
0 votes
Hari, You do have a lot options on how to handle your retirement savings. Are you currently working? Do you have a plan with your current employer? The investment choices and if you are wanting to contribute more should be the driving factors in your ...(more)
0 votes
One of the options you have with an old 401k is to roll it into your new 401k plan with your new company. In order to accomplish this you will have to call your old 401k company and ask them for the proper forms for you to fill out. Your new company's ...(more)
0 votes
Call the company's Benefits Dept or HR Dept to get the phone number for the 401k company they use (if you don't already have the phone number). Call the number and the 401k company should be able to give you the information you are requesting after asking ...(more)
0 votes
The short answer is no, you won't be able to share the funds without incurring taxes and penalties. Since you are the sole beneficiary you are the only person to which the funds in the account can be distributed without taxes and penalties.
0 votes
"Cashing Out" can mean a couple of vastly different things. If you are looking for some extra cash to pay off bills or to spend in some other way, then it is a straight forward process as outlined in the previous answer. Please keep in mind that this ...(more)
0 votes
I would start with the plan advisor provided by your employer. A call to your HR department will get you some basic information and directions on how to get more from the plan administrator. They will be able to get you a list of the investment options ...(more)
0 votes
My recommendation is to contact Greg Bakke at Expand Financial. 720.387-8158
0 votes
You will want to call the financial firm that operates the 401k plan for Lowes (you should be able to find the phone number on a recent statement) and request how to withdraw or rollover your funds. Alternatively, contact the Lowes HR department and they ...(more)
0 votes
Tripp Welch Level 2
It is hard to advise on the stock purchase plan without knowing more details. If your your 401(k) has a match, you should contribute a sufficient percentage of your paycheck to get all of the free company match that is available. If you still have the ...(more)
0 votes
When converting any pretax account such as your 457 into a post tax account such as the Roth IRA, you can have the taxes withheld on the transfer. You get to choose the amount that you have withheld, based on whatever % tax bracket you think you will ...(more)
0 votes
Wendell, I'm assuming you're talking about the Sheet Metal Workers' National Pension fund? It's a unique plan and would love to go over the options with you. It depends on a few factors. Feel free to call or email. -Rick Rick.Solt@edwardjones.com 972.239.5630 ...(more)
0 votes
Ennis, Usually, we can call the provider and initiate it. I would be happy to help if I had more info. Rick Solt 972.239.5630 Rick.solt@edwardjones.com
  • posts per page