Answers in Financial Planning

Whether you need advice about retirement planning, estate planning, tax planning, college planning, charitable planning, debt management, or insurance planning, there is a financial advisor out there who is well-equipped to help you achieve your goals.
0 votes
Lonnie D Mclane Level 1
My recommendation would be to arrange consultation with 2 or 3 advisors and discuss your situation and determine if seperation from you employer plan is an appropriate option, several circumstances may prevail you from rolling over your plan to an IRA, ...(more)
0 votes
It depends on the plan sponsor and administrator. Can you request the funds online? Can you request over the phone? Are there forms to complete? If so, were they completed properly. It has been my experience that 7-10 days is typical. It can be sooner ...(more)
0 votes
Samuel, It really depends on the rules laid out in the plan document. You should have access to Summary Plan Description which will say if loans are permitted and in what cases they are permitted. If you don't have the document, contact your HR.
1 vote
Justin, If you have funds in a 401(k) that you deferred or employer contributions that you were fully vested in then the money is this there for you.
0 votes
John, I'm sorry for your loss. Often you will need to contact your father's financial advisor or employer with an Official death certificate. If you would like to discuss please email or call 770-954-8823. Sincerely, Stephanie
0 votes
If you are still working there you might be allowed to take a loan from the 401(k). If you take the money completely out of the plan, you will be charged an IRS penalty of 10% and 20% in taxes will be held out for you. The Human Resources Department ...(more)
0 votes
There are no tax consequences for moving retirement funds from one account to another retirement account once a year. The release of funds from the former employer depends of the type of plan and how it is written. You say pension plan so I don't have ...(more)
0 votes
Jacqueline, You should be receiving statements quarterly by mail or email. If you are still working for the company, you can find out if they have loan provisions and if your need qualifies. Otherwise, if you take money directly out of the plan, you ...(more)
0 votes
Rob Spadaford Level 1
Hello! I would start by calling and asking your employer's Human Resources Department - or call their corporate main phone number. They can let you know who, how, and where to inquire about your 401(k). Good luck - Rob Spadaford
0 votes
Rob Spadaford Level 1
Hello! I would start by calling your Human Resources Department at Sports Authority - or call their corporate main phone number. They can let you know who, how, and where to inquire about your 401(k). Good luck - Rob Spadaford
0 votes
If you have an old statement, it should have a phone number that you can call to get updated information. If you need to update your mailing or email address they will likely need you to sign a form and return it to them. Some plans allow you to leave ...(more)
0 votes
RMDs are important and if not taken can result in a penalty of 50% of the amount you were supposed to take out of your account. There is a specific minimum distribution based on your age and the value of the account and it is recalculated every year. ...(more)
0 votes
770-954-8823
0 votes
Each statement should have a phone number for a service department on it. If you haven't been receiving paper or email statements, call the HR department of each company.
0 votes
You should be receiving quarterly statements for your 401(k) account. It is nest to call the HR department and see if they have an old email and/or physical mailing address on file. I can discuss in greater detail if you contact me directly and discuss ...(more)
  • posts per page