Answers in Financial Planning

Whether you need advice about retirement planning, estate planning, tax planning, college planning, charitable planning, debt management, or insurance planning, there is a financial advisor out there who is well-equipped to help you achieve your goals.
0 votes
Tripp Welch Level 1
It is hard to advise on the stock purchase plan without knowing more details. If your your 401(k) has a match, you should contribute a sufficient percentage of your paycheck to get all of the free company match that is available. If you still have the ...(more)
0 votes
When converting any pretax account such as your 457 into a post tax account such as the Roth IRA, you can have the taxes withheld on the transfer. You get to choose the amount that you have withheld, based on whatever % tax bracket you think you will ...(more)
0 votes
Wendell, I'm assuming you're talking about the Sheet Metal Workers' National Pension fund? It's a unique plan and would love to go over the options with you. It depends on a few factors. Feel free to call or email. -Rick Rick.Solt@edwardjones.com 972.239.5630 ...(more)
0 votes
Ennis, Usually, we can call the provider and initiate it. I would be happy to help if I had more info. Rick Solt 972.239.5630 Rick.solt@edwardjones.com
0 votes
Hi Wendell, Is your supplemental savings plan setup as a 401(k) or IRA or are you not sure? You will most likely owe taxes on the distributions. You also could most likely do a lump-sum withdrawal but it would probably make more tax sense to draw the ...(more)
0 votes
Hi, I am not 100% sure of your question but if you would like advice on a good, low cost IRA allocation I would suggest firms other than John Hancock or AVX. Would be happy to help. Best Regards, Brewster
0 votes
I would be more than happy to help your situation. It should be an easy solution depending on your 401k plan. Please contact me at 248-766-0070. Thanks, Brewster
0 votes
Did you contact the HR department to see if you have any vested funds?
0 votes
Hi Lenara, I'm sorry for your difficult situation. If your firm does not have an HR dept. you should let the owner know that wish you wish to distribute the full balance of your 401(k) to yourself and create a taxable event. There is a small chance that ...(more)
0 votes
Good Morning Wendell! Possibility...It depends what type of account and investment it is. I would love to help look at it for you and go over your options. Feel free to email or call. Rick Solt Rick.Solt@edwardjones.com 972.239.5630
0 votes
It depends on what you're looking to accomplish (you want the money for a short-term need, long-term need, looking for income, etc.). I would love to go over what would work best for you. Please feel free to call or email me. Rick Solt, AAMS, AWMA 972.239.5630 Rick.solt@edwardjones.com
0 votes
Typically you can.... Some 401k plans require you to move the 401k plan though. Also, you may benefit better by having a rollover IRA. I would love to help you go over your options. Please let me know if I can help. Rick Solt, AAMS, AWMA Financial ...(more)
0 votes
Very easy to do. Find your 401k plan sponsor and their paperwork for distributions and check the box to have it distributed to instead of a rollover. you will pay taxes and penalties if you are in a traditional 401k and under the age of 59.5
0 votes
Don, There is a designation called the Kingdom Advisors that is given to Financial Advisors that are taught planning and investment management from a biblical standpoint. I would recommend you discuss your question with someone that has that designation. ...(more)
0 votes
Good Afternoon!...My office number is 972.239.5630
  • posts per page