Answers in Insurance

Insurance is a financial tool that you can use to mitigate risk of damage or loss occurring to a finite resource you possess. Here you can learn more about the different types of insurance and whether or not they would be right for you.
0 votes
Unless each HSA Bank offers an advantage, two accounts will just complicate things for you. the reporting will be a mess and you might accidentally defer excess contributions and that could be expensive.
0 votes
There are a number of online directories or search cites you can consult: http://www.tagdata.com/tpa-directory http://www.erisaconnect.com/ http://www.401khelpcenter.com/pdf/Solok_Vendor_List.pdf
0 votes
Please provide me the name of the Plan Administrator and I would be happy to research and provide you the mailing address and contact information. I look forward to hearing back from you.
0 votes
John Kamm Level 1
The Internal Revenue Service allows you to exchange an insurance policy that you own for a new life insurance policy insuring the same person without paying tax on the investment gains earned on the original contract. This can be a substantial benefit. ...(more)
0 votes
Gary Ray Duell Level 18
I'm sorry for your loss. I hope your father had good estate planning documents. If so, the letter of instruction should list all asset and insurance amounts and contact information. If not, you have your work cut out for you. First, sort through your ...(more)
0 votes
Brian Kuhn CFP® Level 17
Hi Christina, Thanks for posting. It's doubtful his life insurance would cover mom. Perhaps there is what's called a spousal term rider on the policy which would cover her for a small amount. You can check with their banking institution or credit cards ...(more)
1 vote
David Givnish Level 2
What are you hoping to accomplish with a 1035? Do you want higher returns in the form of interest or index credits? Are you looking to add features like lifetime access to the death benefit for chronic illness care cost reimbursement? How would you react ...(more)
-1 votes
Rather than first think about the 1035 into some other product that you may or may not want, the primary question is whether a 1035 is necessary. If not, you can acquire whatever suits you best without relinquishing the cash up front. The first question ...(more)
0 votes
Shop around for the best IUL available with your age, health and state of residency. Floors / ceilings vary from product-to-product, carrier-to-carrier. One of the many IUL products I work with has a ceiling of 15% and a floor of 0.75% with an available ...(more)
1 vote
This is a great question! Of course, the first part of the answer is: we need a good deal more information to answer this with actionable advice. However, I'd be happy to give you a high level response. In general, if you invested with a high quality ...(more)
0 votes
Despite the lack of penalty, I would strongly suggest enrolling in Cobra for this brief period
0 votes
Colin I would contact Assurant. They offer a short term major medical plan that would cover your 2 or 3 month gap. This way, you wouldn't need to be concerned with a gap in coverage should something occur. I believe you could apply on-line. Tom Doncaster ...(more)
17 votes
Hello Mike, You might also consider a lapse protected UL policy which provides guaranteed coverage until a specific chosen year or age. A no lapse UL can provide you with predictable premium payments (usually fixed/level) while providing coverage for ...(more)
1 vote
Richard P Taylor Level 17
Mike, it would be impossible for anyone to tell you exactly what can/should be done from your current position. Much more information needs to be know before moving forward. For instance, how much coverage do you really need? (This is determined by ...(more)
1 vote
Peter C. Karp Level 20
Hi Jerri, Thank you for reaching out and sharing your concerns about your husband’s health. We at Karp Capital strongly believe that having adequate coverage is paramount and it will be our pleasure to answer your question. The answer is yes you should ...(more)
  • posts per page