Answers in Health Insurance

Health Insurance protects individuals from the risk of high medical expenses. With a better understanding of what each policy entails, you will be able to make an informed decision about which health insurance policy is best for you.
2 votes
Just to reiterate what's been said above, if you have access to an employer-provided policy, that will always be better than an individual or self-employed arrangement due to the leverage of group rates, and in my experience, they are also better than ...(more)
2 votes
Another alternative is a high deductible insurance policy combined with a health savings account (HSA). Your fixed premiums will very likely be lower but you must pay the first say $2,500 - $5,000 out of your own pocket (or HSA that you funded). This ...(more)
2 votes
Don Unger, MSFS Level 18
Here is why I like Health Savings Accounts for my clients who can think out of the box. Lower cost for the health insurance premium due to using a high deductible along with a tax advantaged savigs account that you control. Because there are fewer actual ...(more)
1 vote
The financial aspects have been well covered. One critical benefit of an HSA is what it does to your medical spending behavior. Unlike common medical insurance that has much higher fixed premiums and encourages "getting your money's worth" by utilizing ...(more)
7 votes
Orange County, Health Insurance, CA, 08/30/2012 - Health insurance costs vary by state, county, age and also plan type. There are other factors such as whether the plan offered is through a group or through the individual marketplace. In addition, factors ...(more)
10 votes
Think of HSA’s as high deductible PPO’s. The network is exactly the same as your traditional PPO. The advantage with an HSA is that you have the ability to establish a savings account for your medical expenses. You are able to get a federal and in some ...(more)
3 votes
The answer might depend on employer contributions. Regardless, you can calculate your annual cost, including premium, deductibles, and coinsurance for your expected usage. Often employers contribute to employees coverage, but not family members. If ...(more)
3 votes
Maureen, I have had a health savings account (HSA) for years. What you have is a high deductible insurance policy in combination with an optional savings plan. Your employer may or may not contribute to the savings plan. You also may or may not contribute ...(more)
6 votes
Maureen, HSA (Health Savings Account) are useful for individuals that have high deductible health plans. These HSA's allow you to deposit your own funds pre-tax allowing you to avoid taxation on your qualified medical expenses. If you have a high deductible ...(more)
3 votes
The single most important factor in your ability to get and pay for health insurance is your own health. While I've rarely seen this mentioned by financial advisors, you can impact a big part of your health insurance eligibility and costs by achieving ...(more)
7 votes
The most important factor in obtaining low cost insurance is to have an analysis run of all available plans. Whether you are looking for a policy in the individual market or have coverage through your employer it is important to do a thorough comparison ...(more)
2 votes
Variable depending upon location, age, type of coverage (HMO, PPO), deductible and many other factors.
2 votes
Do you work for an employer or are you self emplyed?
  • posts per page