Answers in Accounting and Tax

Whether you’re preparing your annual taxes, trying to minimize your tax liability, or preparing for an IRS audit, having a CPA or tax professional in your corner can drastically reduce the burden.
-1 votes
It's hard to answer your question without more information. In general contributions to an IRA are put there for a tax deduction. If you take said tax deduction, then all monies out will be taxed at your normal income tax rate. If you do not need the ...(more)
0 votes
Brian Kuhn CFP® Level 17
Perhaps this article is helpful. http://www.brightscope.com/financial-planning/advice/article/24529/10-Ways-To-Find-An-Old-401K-Plan/
0 votes
You should have an online portal to access this info at any time! Ask your plan sponsor or HR contact to get you set up. There is also a participant hotline you can call to get assistance. Cheers, Korben Konrady Labrum Wealth Management 760-707-5555
0 votes
You may also consult one of the advisors on Bright Scope. The search feature should allow you to find someone local and who will provide you with a free consultation. Good Luck, Eric Simonds CFP®
0 votes
Hi Jason, The quickest way to find this out is check with your HR department; they should be able to tell you the website where you can check this. If you receive statements from your plan administrator you may also be able to see the website along with ...(more)
16 votes
Hello Ramarao, You will not need to keep track of the cost basis for the funds inside the 401k as those are qualified funds and her basis will be deemed to be zero as she has been receiving a tax deduction for her contributions. Keep in mind that the ...(more)
0 votes
John Essigman Level 17
Hi Angela... Very sorry that you have received bad advice. However, I am not clear what you are asking... please elaborate or provide more details. Regards John Essigman www.bluecreek.net
3 votes
This site is a great resource to find anyone that preps taxes anywhere in the US. Good Luck! http://www.ptindirectory.com/
0 votes
John Essigman Level 17
Hi Oreste, I don't do tax returns myself but I do have a solid network of very fine, reasonably priced tax professionals and CPA's. Call or email my office so that we can evaluate your needs and find a good match for you. Regards John Essigman (706) ...(more)
1 vote
Hi Dwayne, Without knowing what type of account you currently have and your age it's difficult to answer your question. If you expand upon your original question a little bit, I'd be happy to help! Brendan
0 votes
Steve Casull Level 13
First of all give what you want. You are the boss. There's a lot to be said for the great feeling of charity. But if you want the numerical advice, then I would donate enough until it isn't beneficial to do so...until next year.
0 votes
The website is: https://riteaid.benefitcenter.com/
0 votes
Steve Casull Level 13
TRowe Price handles the Rite Aid plan as I recall. Call the TRowe Price "Work Place Plan Hotline"1-800-922-9945, you will need your social security number to obtain a PIN number. Once you have the PIN you can access the plan website.
2 votes
Hello Dave, I'm sorry to hear about your surprise tax bill. As mentioned above, there are multiple contingencies relative to your specific situation as to the best possible route. With the tax due date arriving I wanted to throw this idea your way for ...(more)
0 votes
Jess Peterson Level 1
Contact an enrolled agent with the IRS. If you've pulled money out of a 401(k) before 59 1/2 unless an exemption applies in your case, that's income. Your going to have to talk to someone (enrolled agent) about alleviating that debt or working out a debt ...(more)
  • posts per page