Answers in Current Events

How does the European debt crisis affect the American economy? When can we expect consumer confidence to substantially increase? Learn how political/social events shape our financial situation and influence our financial decisions.
0 votes
Jessica - It depends on which kind of loan you are looking for. If it's a auto or home loan, I would check with your local credit union. I prefer to use credit unions because they are local and the rates/terms can often be more advantageous to you. If ...(more)
0 votes
Hi Jessica, Unfortunately, your question is far too general for me to provide any clarity. What type of loan are you looking for?
1 vote
Several things can affect currency movements. I wouldn't personally want to be long the Euro versus USD as they have weaker economic growth, lower interest rates, and more political risk.
0 votes
There's a resource link located at http://ofn.org/cdfi-locator that locates CDFI institutions in local neighborhoods. Hope this helps. It's grown a lot the past few years.
2 votes
You may want to consider rolling over you 401k's to a rollover IRA account. This will consolidate the accounts into one account, potentially reduce your costs and give you a wider variety of investment vehicles.
1 vote
Fulton J. Wood Level 5
No one really knows, but the vast majority of bets being made are for the euro to drop against the USD. Then again, when everyone is on the same side of the boat, you know what happens.
1 vote
Peter Cacioppo Level 16
This question is from September of 2012 or over 2 years ago. A good example of how investors should not be concerned with the next earnings report but instead should be concerned with 1. The quality of management, and 2. the growth potential of the industry ...(more)
0 votes
Peter Cacioppo Level 16
This question is from July of 2012 or over 2 years ago. A good example of how investors should not be concerned with the next earnings report but instead should be concerned with 1. The quality of management, and 2. the growth potential of the industry ...(more)
0 votes
How comfortable are you managing your old 401k money? If you enjoy managing your money and have the time to invest Scottrade or Ameritrade would be great options; low cost, great investment choices, and research is good. If you do not like to manage ...(more)
0 votes
Peter Cacioppo Level 16
Walk into a Fidelity office with your paperwork and ask them to help you roll over the accounts into a new Fidelity IRA. They can also help you invest the money; perhaps their low cost ETFs would be appropriate.
0 votes
I think many of the answers here are correct, yet are broad generalizations. I wouldn't focus so much on the stock price itself, but rather the market capitalization of the company. To find that you take the total shares outstanding and multiply it by ...(more)
0 votes
Not any time soon, but nothing lasts forever. Just ask the Romans.
2 votes
If you are active in a 401(k) or other plan now through another employer, you can have these old ones combined into your current plan. If you don't think your current plan (if any) is very good, look elsewhere. If not, decide where you want to have your ...(more)
2 votes
I would talk to your HR department, but here are the basics. Establish an account to roll the money into (probably a Traditional IRA) Complete forms with your 401(k) providers to transfer the money If you are still employed at one of the 401(k) sponsors, ...(more)
0 votes
Santiago, When you invest, you can control basically five major aspects of your portfolio: 1. The over all diversification and timeline 2. The costs related to the investment options 3. The negative impacts from income taxes 4. The exposure to long-term ...(more)
  • posts per page